Wednesday, December 10, 2008

mmm....mmmm......GOOD!

well tonight my monkey and i are home alone again...it's hunting season!! my hubby headed towards mississippi to duck hunt for the rest of the week and weekend. i miss him when he goes but i do enjoy the one on one time with my monkey! we came home and took a long nap then i turned on nemo and we are on our second viewing of the afternoon. we got out ALL the books and read for a while then at 5:30 i decided i wanted to go ahead a eat an early dinner so i could get all my chores done and be in the bed as soon as my monkey goes down for the night. i have some cleaning to do as well as laundry and packing for my trip to ATL tomorrow to see the fam. anyway back to dinner, i decided that i wanted a big bowl of old fashion tomato soup. i had a can of Campbell's healthy request tomato soup in the pantry so i made my monkey and i a grilled cheese sandwich and we had the best time dipping our grilled cheese and crackers in a yummy warm bowl of tomato soup. i forgot how hearty and tasty tomato soup was! IT WAS DELICIOUS! i love that my monkey will eat anything you put in front of him! he is not picky at all, it's such a blessing that dinner time is never stressful at my house! i actually think that our dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup was my second favorite thing about today besides our chick-fil-a breakfast this morning as a family before daddy headed out! life is good and i love that a big bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich can remind you of how truly blessed we are to have an amazing two year old!!

2 comments:

Margie said...

that was a great post! you are such a sweet momma! Have fun in ATL!

Ashley W said...

We are in the same boat..Heath has been out of town almost all week hunting.. I just don't see the fun in sitting in the woods in the freezing cold to shoot an animal. hehe