Tuesday, January 13, 2009

OK I GET IT!....WE WILL WAIT!

so now that mack is two and fast becoming a big boy the thoughts of a second baby have been creeping in and out of my head...i always said i wanted an only child because i was an only but the older i get the less i like the idea. i LOVED being an only child growing up for all the obvious reasons but as i get older i hate the thought of never having nieces or nephews or a sister to share memories like getting married and having babies with! anyway back to the point....so the idea had been thrown around at our house but nothing serious yet...
lately i have noticed that monkey is becoming more and more jealous. if gavin and i are sitting on the couch together he has to climb right up in the middle but if i'm on my own couch he could care less. gavin will say "my momma" and monkey will say no! he also is having a big problem with wanting to be in the bed with us again! if we are in the bed for the night he wants to be right in the middle of it! it's even got to the point of having to let gavin put him to bed because he wants me to get in his bed if i go in there! i love that he is a momma's baby but i am becoming a little concerned about bringing another baby to the table. he also gets very jealous if i have anything to do with another baby. if i hold a friend's baby or even talk to a strangers baby he cries! bless his heart! i am convinced that he knows that the conversation of another baby is being passed around because he has only recently become very jealous also we are having an issue in the past week of mixing up his days and nights...he will sleep all day and be up all night just like an infant!! i am a walking zombie!! it all started when we took him out of his crib and put him in his big boy bed. i think this is his way of telling us he is not ready to be a "big boy", he wants to be the baby...he's reminding me of what it's like to have an infant with it's days and nights mixed up and what it feels like to be sleep deprived....ok son i get it! WE WILL WAIT!!!

3 comments:

codie lee said...

Aww... Mattson and Payson (my future nephews) are like 18 months apart and they are so much fun! Mattson likes him too! Maybe you should just go ahead and have another one.. and maybe it will be a wittle gurl!!!!

I am a bad influence. Do what you feel is right for you and the family! :)

Love and miss you!

p.s. I tagged you. See my blog for details :)

Margie said...

Poor Mack! Cooper loves being a momma's boy too. I am an only child too, but with step siblings. And I love having neices and nephews! And it is so awesome for Cooper to have cousins. So,I agree with Codie Lee, have another baby! I would if I could!!

Shelbie and Aaron Rose said...

My mom has ALWAYS told me that it is best to have kids closer than 18 months apart or at least 3.5 years. I have three sisters, and we are all 3.5-4 years apart. Once Mack is a bit older, he will be excited about the idea of being a big boy and take pride in the role of big brother.