Tuesday, January 27, 2009

forgot something!




i also decided that my new years resolution (besides loosing the last 5 lbs of my pregnancy weight that i've been trying to loose for 2 years!!!) is to finish decorating my house! my husband, bless him, in the most opinionated man when it comes to decorating a house and unfortunately we can't agree on anything when it comes to decor. most men just keep their mouth shut and let the woman do it all but not him! for the most part he agrees with me about everything in life (food, movies, parenting, clothes ect.) but we can't seem to get it together when it comes to the house. so needless to say my house has gone pretty undone for the past year since we've moved in but it is time for a change!! i've decided to go all martha stewart and make my own stuff since i can't seem to find anything in the store that i like. plus i HATE shopping so this is a great way to avoid the endless hours of walking around home decor stores and leaving empty handed! wait let me back up...i said i would make, no i mean i will buy the material and pay someone else to make!!!! now that that is cleared up i finally bought my first pieces of fabric for my pillows in the living room this weekend and i feel like i have made a great start! oh yeah and i bought it without gavin which is another part of the resolution, i get what i want and if he doesn't like it he better pretend like he does!! he's doing good so far! now that i have the pillow fabric i hope everything else will come easy. i also bought some new hand towels for the kitchen. next will be curtains and of course all the little odds and ins to pull everything together. i also want to paint my kitchen and redo my bedroom...

stay tuned and i will keep everyone posted on the progress i am making!!

No comments: