Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 year old mind!!....

never underestimate the intelligence of a two year old's mind!! last night i had my check card out ordering christmas gifts on the computer. i laid it on the side table and monkey walked right up to the table and picked it up. well i didn't think anything else about it until we got ready to lay down and i said "oh i need to get my check card". by this time monkey was in his bed asleep but i figured the card was somewhere on the floor in my room since that's where he went after he picked it up. well i am terrible with keeping up with stuff anyway and letting a two year old play with my only source of money is probably not the best idea. needless to say the check card is nowhere to be found!!! gavin and i turned the house upside down trying to find it! my sweet hubby even went through the garbage because monkey is good at hiding things there! we looked until 11:00 for it but it was gone!!! we are both looking at each other like "ok what would a two year old do with a check card?" pretty open ended question!!! so we gave up for the night and i decided it would be easier to look today when the sun is out and bright in the house... so i went to my room because that is the last place and had it. luckily the first place i looked was in the dvd player!! he has an obsession with pressing the button to open and close the dvd slot. i turned on the dvd player and opened the slot and there laid my check card!!! the moral of this story is never underestimate what a two year old can do with a check card!!!! ahhhh motherhood!!

3 comments:

Ashley W said...

How funny.. Even though I am sure it was aggrivating, it's a story you will always remember! I look forward to more "Terrible Twos" stories!

Margie said...

Sounds like something Cooper would do. I am glad you FINALLY found your card!! I guess Mama learned a valuable lesson to NEVER leave credit cards laying around. Because when Mack gets old enough he will be going to the mall with mama's debit card!!

The Fancher Family said...

That is hilarious! I cannot believe you even thought to look there. If that was me I would have never found it.